? ??????????????Dream Forever? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??171 Grabs Today. 387 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Look to The Stars? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??165 Grabs Today. 3286 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Live, Love, Laugh? ????? ?????? ???Ratin CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, May 2, 2008

To-Do List #17 - Drive Across Country - Part Seven **the final chapter!**


So first we wake up 2 hours late... So much for alarm clocks! Or at least so much for setting them when you are sleepy! But to make matters worse - LJ's Jeep was really tired from so much driving and really didn't want to sit in traffic (which was really bad that morning) So Frankie (the Jeep) starts overheating. Crap. One more day of driving and it starts overheating. But I know my way around Vegas enough and had my handy-dandy GPS in hand, so we avoided traffic and was able to continue on. I drove the first half while LJ slept - but it was a really easy drive. We stopped and switched off after about 4 hours and LJ continued on through California. The butterflies in our tummy kept getting worse and worse until we were at the last town outside of Yosemite and I just wanted to drive back to Vegas! We were both so nervous sitting at McDonald's that I know people must have thought we looked ridiculous! But we managed to pull ourselves together and keep trekking on! LJ did great through the mountains where I closed my eyes and tried really hard not to pay attention to the cliffs. We drove through Yosemite completely and came out the other side. About 3 miles outside of Yosemite we turned onto Evergreen Rd. We thought we were there. No. About 10 minutes later we were finally seeing signs of the Lodge. We are really out in the middle of nowhere!

Alex was there to meet us and gave us the tour of the property. We met many people that first day - most of whom I do not remember - but I know they will become family very soon. The next day Alex, the maintenance guy- GW, LJ and I drove to Yosemite Valley. We saw Bridalveil falls, Lower Yosemite Falls, Yosemite Lodge and of course the Yosemite Camp Store where I can remember the first boy who ever flirted with me. I think he still works there! :) ha ha.

Afterwards we came back to the lodge and LJ and I set up house. The room is small but we have bunk beds so it gives us more space. We are looking forward to a paycheck so we can get a few things to help out.

So there you have it - my drive across the country with my end result being in the middle of no where. The closest Target is like 3 hours from here.

Did I mention they laugh and call me the city girl out here?

1 comments:

the Derek & Crickett show said...

glad to hear you two made it safe! what an adventure!