? ??????????????Dream Forever? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??171 Grabs Today. 387 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Look to The Stars? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??165 Grabs Today. 3286 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Live, Love, Laugh? ????? ?????? ???Ratin CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

To-Do List #61 - Move to Yosemite National Park!

On April 20th, I will be leaving Raleigh to drive across the country. Destination: Groveland, CA, my new home. Call my a gypsy, a wanderer, a free-spirit, I suppose I am all of those. I will be working at the Evergreen Lodge directly outside Yosemite National Park. With the bears... and the mountain lions... and the bobcats... and the apparently psychotic squirrels. It should be an interesting experience!

It all started with a friend from my ship days, Alex. Alex was my trainer at NCLA's training center in Piney Point, MD. We were great friends there and even though we hadn't seen each other for about 2 years we still talked constantly. Alex informed me a few months ago that he would begin working at the Evergreen Lodge at the beginning of 2008. I instantly knew I wanted to take the opportunity to work in one of America's most beautiful areas, so I called another friend, Lana. Lana was Alex's friend as well and mine, from our time on the M/V Pride of America. I asked if she would be interested in moving out there and working for a while in Yosemite. Within a day we had it all planned, we would road trip out there and begin a new life (again!)

So, on April 20th I will begin the first half of my trip with my Mother. Mom and I will drive from our home in Raleigh, NC to her sister's home in New Concord, OH. We will stay with her a couple of days and on the 23rd of April they will drive me to Lana's home in Decatur, IN. The next day we begin our journey, stopping at every cheesy road side attraction and tourist trap, and complete with a three day stay in Fabulous Las Vegas! We will arrive in Groveland, CA on April 30th and begin our new job on May 1st.

1 comments:

Anna Uncorked said...

I love your new Blog! And I look forward to reading your adventures.

Love,

Anna